Thursday, October 20, 2011

Illustration Project

For this project I chose to focus on a trip I took to California my senior year in high school. This trip was very life-changing for me for many reasons. I was able to go to Anaheim, California for ten days, completely free because I qualified in an event for FBLA. I won first place at State, thus moving on to the national competition. I competed against 100 other people (two from each state) and received 8th place in the nation. I had proved to myself that anything was possible. I had done something that I never in a million years I imagined I would. I was just thankful that I qualified and was able to attend the national conference. I never dreamed I would actually place in the top ten. In addition, I got to see all of the sights, Disneyland, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Boulevard, Beverly Hills, Catalina Island, and so much more. My life was changed in California and I cannot wait to be there again someday. 

I used water colors on bristol board, and I inked around the letters and objects throughout the design. I had never used watercolors before, and it was an interesting experience. It was a lot of work and proved to be challenging in the small areas of the design, but I love it and I think all the colors turned out really great. It clearly depicts my trip through its bright colors and the happiness that it displays. I will treasure my memories of that trip and this design forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment